Monday, April 16, 2012

2012 before it barely began - Learning to be thankful.

I have big plans for my 2012.
After having such a great year in 2011 - meeting the love of my life, going on a vacation (to see my man's little brother tie the knot!) and stabilizing old friendships, I've decided it's time to epic-fy (I know what you're thinking...but I get to say it's a word if I want too!) my life even more.

If life is essentially good...why not try to live it to the full and make it the BEST life it can be?

Unfortunately I've been handed some complications this year including family emergencies, being sick for 2 months, financial troubles (no more shopping! *gasp!*), living situation complications, school struggles (this one is HUGE!), contracting the travel bug itch with no scratching to be afforded, amongst many day-to-day crappy happenings that have just become overwhelming all piled together.

BUT....I have SO much to be thankful for.
1 Year Anniversary - 2012
Christmas with D's family - 2011
The most amazing, sweet, and supportive boyfriend in the world. He cooks for me when I'm pulling all-nighters for school, brings me liquidy treats when I'm sick and can't swallow solid food, tells me he thinks I'm beautiful even when I'm a sick, nasty mess from being under the weather. He never makes me feel bad that I have no money to pay for things, and has never failed to cheer me up when I'm feeling down. He encourages me to follow my hobbies (particularly sewing!), has seamlessly become a part of my family, and he tells me that he loves me every day.

A big and wonderful family...
  • My dad tells me he's so proud of me for going to University (the first out of all 5 of us kids!) and is always ready with a hug and "I love you"s.
  • My mom helps me figure out my sewing class assignments, and my ideas for fun craftiness she helps turn into a logical reality, or she's an ear to vent when I'm having a rough go of it.
  • A big sister who adds me to her online shopping orders because I can only afford little tidbits at a time, (but this way I still get free shipping!) and goes with me to see chick flicks.
  • A brother who is always around to help my family out because they really need it.
  • The brother I can count on to always make me laugh, go for a car ride and share good music with me.
  • The youngest brother is always ready with an excited hello and a big ol' hug to make me feel welcome and loved.

The best grandparents in the world...
...who understand that my life is insanity so I don't get to see them nearly as often as I'd like.

  A close friend in my cousin.


And my oldest friends (+ 1 new one!) have come back into my life after growing apart for awhile.
Duck face...I know...what were we thinking?? This is years old to be fair though!



I have a roof over my head (for the time being anyways), and I can always get a meal from either D, or the parents. I'll never go hungry, and I'll always have somewhere to sleep, even if it isn't my own place.
*I just hope I never have to desert my beautiful gold furniture!...but more on that another day!




I have Bernie, my reasonably reliable (*knock on wood!*) purple-mobile, that has cost me so little in the big picture.


I have a large wardrobe, and I am learning the skills needed to remake it so that it stays current, and fits me. To prevent wasting more money on clothes I might never wear more than a couple of times.

I have lost over 11 pounds since this time last year, simply by changing my diet and not baking as often (although I'm pretty sure that this is partially from being sick for so long? But I've put the effort in too).

I may not be able to really travel like I've always wanted to, but I've been to some pretty cool places in Canada still. (never left the country and I'm 23...can you believe that??)
I know that some people haven't even left their city before.

Montreal 



Toronto

Sorry for the poor picture quality, this was taken almost 4 years ago!

Northern British Columbia

This is one of my all time favorites! Isn't it just breathtaking??


So I am currently compiling a list of things to strive for in 2012....there's still time for me to turn this year around yet.

And even if it doesn't get better...at least I'll come out stronger.


I can't wait to share my list with you when I get it all finished!


<3,
Ern

P.S. What do you have to be thankful for? I'd love to hear what makes your world go round. Leave a comment or email me if you prefer anonymity!



No comments:

Post a Comment