Monday, November 05, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper and Quinoa Soup

So far, I'm not doing so well on keeping up with my blog. I have, however been a busy little bee around my home.

I'll be posting some pictures of my new room once I finish de-junking, re-organizing everything (it's an embarrassing disaster zone), and finishing a few projects for it.

While I haven't been doing so good at keeping up with all of my goals I set in my last blog post, I did 
I've been keeping up for the most part with my Kitchen Goals.

I wanted to share with you my take on Easy Eats' - Roasted Red Pepper and Quinoa Soup

I played around with the recipe a bit and this is what I came up with. And I loved it!





Roasted Red Pepper and Quinoa Soup

Roast the following tossed mixture at 375 F for 45 minutes:
3 red peppers, cut into squares
2 Roma tomatoes, wedged
2 large garden tomatoes (I would have subbed for 4 Roma [around 6-7 total]…this is just what I had on hand)
½ medium onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 TBSP olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Sprinkle of basil and oregano and red pepper flakes as desired

Add with Roasted mixture to soup pot:
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
Puree with immersion blender until desired consistency

Add and simmer for 15 minutes:
1 cup cooked quinoa
Add 1 c. Cream (or milk for a healthier option)– play with the ratio until it is as you desire
Garnish with a bit of Feta or grated Monterrey Jack cheese and serve!

Tastes even better the next day!



I also have a few other new recipes I've been working on that I'll be sharing with you soon!

Ern

No comments:

Post a Comment